Pre65 Scottish 2011 Entry List

old trials fanatic

As long as they ride to Non Stop rules dont see a problem however in my experience the kids (anybody under 40) dont seem to know how to ride non stop and just try to ride as they do in other events. Be interesting to see if anybody gets penalised this year for "cocking about" i'm told the modern vernacular is.

All in all i'm in favour of young, under 40, entrants without which the sport will wither and die. But they must adhere to Non Stop rules (pet gripe of mine).

Coming back to the age limit,

The Jersey 2 Day Classic is only open for riders over 30 years in the pre 65 and twinshockclass.First time this year.

Chrs:Mike

Coming back to the age limit,

The Jersey 2 Day Classic is only open for riders over 30 years in the pre 65 and twinshockclass.First time this year.

Whats wrong with young riders?

If you dont get new blood then pre65 is doomed :angry:

Or maybe you could get an old mans body and fit trick parts inside :thumbup:

Edited by Monty_Jon

I don t think the comment was aimed at the young per say... More that do you want guys jumping off their modern Beta's for a one off ride on dads Pre 65, pot hunting.. Age should n t come into it, if you are there for the right reasons. I can only speak as I find and here in France as well as Spain a many of the prestige classic trials attract a day out for the young Toni Bou look a like.. and the sections are becoming more extreme to cater for this ability level. Here entries are no problem so they are not taking a ride away from anybody, but I think that is what the comment was possibly aimed at.

I don t think the comment was aimed at the young per say... More that do you want guys jumping off their modern Beta's for a one off ride on dads Pre 65, pot hunting.. Age should n t come into it, if you are there for the right reasons. I can only speak as I find and here in France as well as Spain a many of the prestige classic trials attract a day out for the young Toni Bou look a like.. and the sections are becoming more extreme to cater for this ability level. Here entries are no problem so they are not taking a ride away from anybody, but I think that is what the comment was possibly aimed at.

Yeah,i absolutly agree with Metisse.@Monty John,you are also absolutly right,we need young blood.In your club we have a few youngsters between 12-16 they realy like the old bikes and like to go with us to the trials,because of the atmosphere and everything.I know what age limit mean's by myself.When i cam back in trials 1994 after a break from 1987 i started with a KT 250 in our german Twinshockclass.At that time i was 31,and the rule was.When you are 40 you start with 0 points,younger per year 1 point plus on your endresult,older one point minus per year on your endresult.Sometimes i won trials,but i was only 31 so mostly i was death last or so,and that was realy booring.Then the organizers saw that it was a stupid rule,and they lost permanent starters for the championship.I think in 1997/1998 they changed the rule,no age limit.And that was very good.In our country you also are not allowed to ride in Twinshock or pre 65 Trials if you are under 40 and have a current international FIM Licence for the Worldchampionship.

Okay, two points.

1. In Scotland/UK you can ride a moped/50cc restricted machine from the age of 16, you can ride from 17 on proper bikes up to 125cc/25kw/34BHP if you have the right test at 18 anything you like basically (in Trials terms). Don't know many trials bikes with that amount of output.

2. Unless the regs SPECIFICALLY state an age limit then as long as the riders conform to the laws of the road you cannot exclude them. The Pre 65 regs as posted by Greeves state no under 18's, again the club rule delcared on the entry pack. There have been/are (possibly) 17 year olds in the main trial riding 125s.

I don't know why the age thing has suddenly become an issue, maybe just something else to disagree with the club about and the ballot and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As long as entrants comform to the laws of the road and the Trial Regs what's the problem??

Edited by Slapshot 3

Okay, two points.

1. In Scotland/UK you can ride a moped/50cc restricted machine from the age of 16, you can ride from 17 on proper bikes up to 125cc/25kw/34BHP if you have the right test at 18 anything you like basically (in Trials terms). Don't know many trials bikes with that amount of output.

2. Unless the regs SPECIFICALLY state an age limit then as long as the riders conform to the laws of the road you cannot exclude them. The Pre 65 regs as posted by Greeves state no under 18's, again the club rule delcared on the entry pack. There have been/are (possibly) 17 year olds in the main trial riding 125s.

I don't know why the age thing has suddenly become an issue, maybe just something else to disagree with the club about and the ballot and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As long as entrants comform to the laws of the road and the Trial Regs what's the problem??

:agreed: