Worst Luck

legionnair

Well 2 rides ago I broke my shifter, ok fine this happens. Went and bought another one and in the process got the snapped one welded.

Went for a ride today not even 15min in slipped on a log and snap broke the new one. Is it me or bad luck or are they just crap?

Thanks guys

Dustin

Well 2 rides ago I broke my shifter, ok fine this happens. Went and bought another one and in the process got the snapped one welded.

Went for a ride today not even 15min in slipped on a log and snap broke the new one. Is it me or bad luck or are they just crap?

Thanks guys

Dustin

Sounds like the old Rev3 '04 kick starts, they became really brittle when it was cold.

Got to say the gear selector shaft position and design on the GG is total crud.... OK maybe a litte harsh, but it seems like an afterthought.. a bit like the kickstart

OK so theres a real small engine and quite a nice design... Oh where does the gearlever go..??

The kickstart??..Ok it can just stop against the engine casing... Don't worry about the paint finish on the clutch cover.

Edited by Rosey

Got to say the gear selector shaft position and design on the GG is total crud.... OK maybe a litte harsh, but it seems like an afterthought.. a bit like the kickstart

OK so theres a real small engine and quite a nice design... Oh where does the gearlever go..??

The kickstart??..Ok it can just stop against the engine casing... Don't worry about the paint finish on the clutch cover.

Ya dont own one do ya....? the kicker stops on the footpeg. the shifter works perfectly, plus is adjustable, if you freaking tweak something, unlike some bikes I own, you replace everything until it works properly again.

the shifter lever that bolts on, which has the stress releif cut, seems BRILLIANT, plus as there is a purpose built weak part on the end of the shaft inside by the flywheel((((meant Clutch Basket...))), that breaks loose if you get a leverage on the lever too strong for the internals to take. So to me, breaking the lever that can be welded and is (something like 80 dollars us, easily replaced by "owner' with pliers) instead of having to become some a motorcyle mechanic to split cases to fix the internals, well that seems again, a briliant design.

Then again you could just add pounds of weight and call it a Sher-beta-tessa...

Your mileage WILL vary...

EDIT: silly rabbit.

Edited by Sting32