2010 Evo - front mudflap ?

4ourtea

I have just trawled through the BETA threads to find an answer to a mud problem but couldn't find anything (easily) so apologies if this has been asked too often...

My 2010 Evo has the standard factory fitted white mudguard and mudguard stay (on the forks) and the other day we went riding when the frost was coming out of the ground - liquid gloop everywhere. We were constantly having to clean off the rad screen to prevent a boil-up happening and I want to sort this out before we do have a bigger problem.

What do you guys do? I've heard that fitting a standard 4 - 5 inch long mudflap catches on the welded seam of the exhaust (under fork compression) and can snap the mudguard clean through. Was told the other day to fit Gasser stay and guard, but that seems expensive and still likely to shed sh*t onto the screen.

Help please... :wacko:

Read this too late, mine snapped off yesterday!!!

Have mudguard spacers fitted which will now be removed along with the flap before the new mudguard is fitted.

Can the radiator be moved back and be repositioned by cutting back the rubber mounts and fixing directly to the submounts.

I have heard that an uprated fork spring, Beta 02/03 is available that stops the forks from bottoming out??

Mine are set up with 15 turns for an 85KG rider??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

When the forks bottom on an EVO the tire will make contact with the exhaust header. You could lower the fork tubes some. Check your fork oil level and make sure its at least set at the factory setting. Mine was low on both sides. If it is set at the fatory setting raise it 3-5mm for more bottoming resistance.