1994 250 Beta

richywrecka

going out to buy my son a 1994 250 beta this weekend as a step up bike to make sure he's still interested. been told its a good bike, i need to know the fuel mixture ratio though.

All help will be greatfully recieved.

Also need to know the best 2 stroke oil to run it on as well.

Cheers.

:wall:

He has been riding for about a year now on a Montesa cota 80, 1980 ish,

hes ridden my aprilia climber quite a bit now as well so i thought it should be a good investment with the beta to make sure he feels ready for competing, you can bet he'll be wanting a new bike by summer.

Thanks for the advise for the fuel as well.

took him out on it all day today and he got on really well with it, where we were riding it was really slippery and he did well copping with the weight and the power difference, didn't come of it once even after all the hills i made him ride. The clutch was totally rebuilt last night by myself, cleaned and took off the rust it has accumulated for some unknown reason. Theres no snatch on it and its a smoother action than my aprilia one. drained the oil on it when we came to make sure theres no water getting in, and the oil was as clean as when it went in last night.

Thanks for all the advise from everybody.

Richard