New legs for an old friend

sir dabs alot

I have a 1983 Montesa Cota 242 in need of new shocks.

I have on my short list; Works Performance dual rate, Rock Shocks, Magical dual rate or Falcons.

I want the best ride possible and being able to change ride charachteristics as well as something with a reputation for reliability.

I have little knowledge about the Magicals but perceive them as a qualty product.

I'm a big guy and live in the US if that matters.

Oh yeah, anyone know where to purchase heavier rated springs than what comes stock? Anyone know standard oil viscosity and volume from the factory?

Hi all,

I've been riding two years ago my cota 242 '85 with Magicals shocks and Magicals Fork springs and very happy with them.

I have an OSSA TR80 (yellow) with a pair of Falcon and loosing oil months ago, maybe the original position for shocks is not the best in this model.

Keep in mind that Magicals provides an special model for cota 242/330.

Regards,

I have a 1983 Montesa Cota 242 in need of new shocks.

I have on my short list; Works Performance dual rate, Rock Shocks, Magical dual rate or Falcons.

I want the best ride possible and being able to change ride charachteristics as well as something with a reputation for reliability.

I have little knowledge about the Magicals but perceive them as a qualty product.

I'm a big guy and live in the US if that matters.

Oh yeah, anyone know where to purchase heavier rated springs than what comes stock? Anyone know standard oil viscosity and volume from the factory?