PIston source for a 123

tony27

A friend has asked me to post this

I would like to get a new piston and/or rings for my Montesa 123. It seems they are like rocking horse ****. Only one I found was on a French classic trial website and was a whopping 177 euros.

Does anyone know where to find a piston/rings for a 1973 Montesa Cota 123, 54 mm bore size. First choice would be a 1st oversize piston and rings, second choice a Std piston and rings or third choice a set of std rings. Does anyone know of a piston or rings from another make of engine that will fit or can be modified to fit? The gudgeon pin is 14 mm.

Any help,would be appreciated

Edited by tony27

Tony, I would think the piston is the least of your mates problems. Tyres for the 123 are a major hassle. 20" and a 17" I think. Very rare now.

I have a mate in Cape Town who did up a 123 whether he sourced a piston I don't know. I'll try and dig up his e-mail addy for you.

Tony, I would think the piston is the least of your mates problems. Tyres for the 123 are a major hassle. 20" and a 17" I think. Very rare now.

I have a mate in Cape Town who did up a 123 whether he sourced a piston I don't know. I'll try and dig up his e-mail addy for you.

Kevin Breedon Racing