World X-Trial, Barcelona on TV.

benbeta23

Anyone with a slight knowledge of trials would be good.

He often gets the wrong names, wrong bikes, misses dabs, often doesn't seem to understand what a rider is trying to do and how, gibbers on about when a stadium was built, local guff that no one cares about and so on (understand that he will be scripted on the stadium guff etc)

I would prefer someone who knew trials, the riders and the bikes better. Could then talk about that in the build up and gaps between sections. Even if he had a known trials rider assisting with it who has the knowledge and could talk to him about whats happened.

I watched the end of it on the FIM site and they had Dibs helping with commentary which helped with getting a riders idea of what was going on.

Was a more interesting course than marseille, Bou is simply unstoppable.

One thing winds me up though, the bl**dy camerawork! whats the point of zooming right in on the knobbles on the tyres, or the riders eyes so as soon as they move the cameras miss the bl@@dy action!!!!!

I think we need to consider what commentary would sound like if you had someone telling you what the rider was doing ?

"ok he is going to rev the bike very hard, compress the suspension and let out the clutch"

ditto rider 2, 3, 4, 5

that would get very dull very fast.......

Jack is providing more general commentary as a lot of the time theres not a lot really happening. imagine trying to make those races sound exciting !

Bou spoils it really as there is no tension, everyone knows who is going to win.

Anyone got any pictures of Jack Challoner's TTT Beta from last night?, Looked Mega trick with the new bling bits on it.

The front page has some,http://www.trialscentral.com/user_photos/andy/2011/world_indoor_xtrial_championship/round_3_barcelona/ :icon_salut: