Sherco 2010 Carby

trials09

Hi Everyone

Well it's raining again in sunny Melbourne, so it's a good opportunity to sort the Sherco for the upcoming event. I was adjusting the needle position on the carby and notice a small washer in bottom of the slide. So i'm guessing it most likely goes either side of the clip. Could someone please confirm where this washer belongs. I would be most grateful. Regards Trials09

Sometimes a full clip position is to much of a change, the washer allows you to alter the height by by half a clip position or if you get some shim washers made you can position the needle exactly where you want it.

The recess probably does help keep the clip on but they are reasonably tight to clip on or off so it won't be a problem unless your needle or clip is very worn.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris

If one needle position is too much I will remove the washer and see how that goes.

The Sherco decided not to idle properly one day.

So I pulled the carby apart and cleaned it, then I changed the idle jet from a 30 to a 32 which seems to have sorted the bottom of the throttle.

The mid range is pinging slightly and higher is running very lean, not that I ever go there. So I am trying the needle position next.

Just gave the run around the backyard, not convinced yet I will it he bike good run this Sunday.

With the short run I just had the plug has a brown coating on the insulator.

Regards

Jamie

Edited by Trials09