EZ Tach Electronic tuning tacho

keychange

I bought one of these ES328 EZ-Tach +PLUS from JBTools US on ebay around $60 AUD delivered - I got it mainly to more accurately set the timing on my Cota 247 . But I started with my TLR200 set the unit to 4stroke single and it told me I was idling at 2400 rpm - so I assumed it has a waste spark on the top of the exhaust stroke and set it to 2 stroke and sure enough fluttered a bit over 1200 rpm.

Using same settings on the Montesa and it indicated 2400 then 400 then 1200 then 2400 all over the shop and it doesn't matter where I place the unit use it or whether I am using the clip on sensor.

Was I being foolish expecting something this cheap to work - or is there a trick I am missing ?

I don't believe these characters at JB Tools - when I raised the issue they responded "I can't be more of a technical assistant, we just distribute the tools." - no suggestion or offer to replace etc and when I suggest negative feedback they said "The item was not defective.....you and misunderstanding the idea of customer service, use the power of the internet or Electronic Specialty support to troubleshoot your problem"

To which I said "I have every reason to think the item is defective - and nothing you have done or said has allayed - but yes I am investigating other advice in forums"

And finally "Our customer service is beyond satisfactory, we have great response times. You can tell your circle of people whatever you woud like, it should be about how you got an ES 328 at the best price on the globe,... It's all about buyers applying their knowledge from there."

So the knowledge I want to share with the forum is - DON'T BUY ONLINE FROM JB Tool Sales