Licence Price

thespikeyone

With regard to entries at AMCA events in Scotland, it hasn't so much to do with cost it is more to do with the standard/level of events. They are laid out to take few marks and this has appealled to the mass market, which is to be applauded.

Some SACU clubs need to consider this...what do the majority of their riders want?

I'd also add the fact that you can just turn up on the day and ride, as opposed to some SACU events where you have to post off entries and need to be in "x" amount of days in advance. On the what riders want, and I only speak for myself and maybe a couple other of my riding buddies, just to turn up and have a day out on the bike, nothing too hard, nothing that we won't enjoy, afterall some of us are self employed, and need to get up for work the following day.

I'd also add the fact that you can just turn up on the day and ride, as opposed to some SACU events where you have to post off entries and need to be in "x" amount of days in advance. On the what riders want, and I only speak for myself and maybe a couple other of my riding buddies, just to turn up and have a day out on the bike, nothing too hard, nothing that we won't enjoy, afterall some of us are self employed, and need to get up for work the following day.

Why not come up to Aberdeen and ride some of the club trials? They are pay on the day and have a class to suit everyone. Only the intermediate and expert are at all tough.

Why not come up to Aberdeen and ride some of the club trials? They are pay on the day and have a class to suit everyone. Only the intermediate and expert are at all tough.

I really lucky where I stay in regards both AMCA clubs, I'm right in the middle, I also joined Dunfermline this year, so have that option also.

I'd also add the fact that you can just turn up on the day and ride, as opposed to some SACU events where you have to post off entries and need to be in "x" amount of days in advance.

Approximately 50% of all SACU trials events are pay on the day, because they are closed to club events. The national & national restricted are the events where the clubs have to have an entry form and a closing date. This allows the organising clubs to plan the event, knowing how many riders they are getting.

Big John

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Big John, we allways in Spain talk about how lucky you are in the UK with ACU and SACU. Just have a look to what they charge us here:

Spanish licences: http://www.rfme.net/web/esp/plantilla2.asp?Id=705 Click "Descargar"

For me: 343 Euros for Senior licence + 88 Starting Permit Scotland + 88 S.P. Highland Classic + 88 S.P. Manxx + 88 S.P. Mt. Ventoux = 695 euros licence 2011. I could buy a Bultaco in the UK for that money.

Edited by Greeves