Hello new to trials!

az09

Hello everyone im new to trials havent even bought my bike yet. Briefly owned a beta 250 couple of years back but just played around on it definately a novice ha ha. I sold it due to moving but now im back in neath south wales area and wanting another bike (second hand) to possibly compete at novice level. Any suggestions for best engine size and bike for around

I am a shorty too & the physical size of the bike won't really have a bearing on your height. As you say you are new to trials so stay away from the 'fire breathing 270 / 280 / 290 / 300 / 320 size bikes. although the 300/320 size bikes can be nice and docile at slow speeds - they have tremendous power throughout & can sap strength. the obvious choice is a 250 - the common choice, though i would suggest going for a 200 - this does however really narrow your choice.

really as long as you are enjoying the ride it does'nt matter what you get - you will adapt & develop with the bike.