Loose kickstart

markieboi

Hi,

Have a Rev 3 2001, the kick start is loose and just flops around. Is there a spring missing? As I removed the kick start lever using the smaller bolt and there seemed to no mechanics to keep the lever in place when not in operation.

I'm new to beta coming from sherco, so any advice is appreciated.

Hi,

Have a Rev 3 2001, the kick start is loose and just flops around. Is there a spring missing? As I removed the kick start lever using the smaller bolt and there seemed to no mechanics to keep the lever in place when not in operation.

I'm new to beta coming from sherco, so any advice is appreciated.

sell it and get another sherco !!!!!

Hi mate just seen this post, the rev 3 is a great bike IMO but the kick starts do flop around a little mine does and it's a 07, but once it's back in position up against the frame it shouldn't fall back down but it may rattle around a little

Adam

Ah right thanks, mine doesn't just rattle around it actually flops out as if your going to kick it over.

Does the BB just float free inside the kick start then? ie, to give the kick start some resistance and stop the freedom of movement.

• 3 weeks later...

Something similar happened to me and I found a loosen screw on top of the kickstart case under the middle exhaust pipe. I have fixed it screwing it in back.

Hi,

When I got it all taken off it was missing the 10mm BB. Thankfully an easy fix :blush: