ty mono

sparky

Just got a pinky yam its had new piston ,rings,main bearings and seals.It has also just had new clutch plates and a new talon basket bolted on. It make a funny grumbling noise when put in gear especially on clutch bite also still makes it when clutch fully out and riding around. the noise is faint when in nuetral and clutch lever is operated in and out but dissapears when just sat in neutral with lever left alone, could the bearing in the basket or cog on the back cause this or something more major any ideas appreciated before i rip her to bits

hi,

sounds like a gearbox bearing. drop the oil and have a look for any nasties in the oil, but really i think you will need to split the crank case to see whats inside.

that way you will know what the inside of the engine is really like. not a very dificult job, only bit i had done profesionally was the con rod kit fitting to the crank shaft.

i bought an ebay mono a few years ago. cut a long story short..... rebore/piston, little end, con rod kit a few bearing and a second hand gearbox from ebay. now runs like a swiss watch.

good luck

phil