BAMCC Craiglash Trial Photos

bill.m

Gary MacDonald is starting to make the others look stupid, even though they clearly aren't.

Ronald MacDonald could make me look stupid when it comes to trials! In fact, an extra large Big Mac and fries could have done better than me last Sunday!

I am now on a mission to score below 100 at Alvie this Sunday (as if) :rotfl: - it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts (apparently).

GJ :wacko:

When I said the others, what I really mean is the other experts. I also don't need anyone to make me look stupid on a trials bike, I manage that comfortably myself :madnoel:

Thing is it's been happening for a while now and that's not Gary's fault, they guy is just riding what's laid out for them all. If you make the sections hard enough that they are a big challenge for Gary you'll kill everyone else.

If you look at the results across the board on Sunday the sections were spot on, winner of each category only lost a few marks, so the level was about right for the best of them and there were loads of cleans for everybody and in most cases not massive numbers of fives, the sections were all rideable, every section was cleanable in every category.

In my view, you don't lay a trial out for Gary bar maybe the odd section that'll make him think and if you look at his marks, he lost them on two fairly innocuous looking burn sections that were just tricky (the 5 was a missed marker!!). Missing riders would have made the gaps that bit more sensible.

If you have a trial where a class winner ends up dropping more than 50 or 60 marks it's too hard, you end up with riders fiving nearly every section going home less than pleased at their day out, you might not want to ride that one the following year.