125 or 250 - PLEASE help

joesimcock

hi i am selling my beta rev 80 to get a new bike. I have rode my dads 250 beta and i was going to get one, But i recently went to a trial and found if i wanted to enter i would need a 125 because I will be getting the bike for my 14th birthday.

I can get either 125 or 250 but i realy want to enter comps, and I also want a lot of power. will a 125 have a lot of power ?

thanks for reading.

Edited by joesimcock

Try to have a ride on each and see which one you feel most comfortable on,as both are good bikes.Better still try to find a BETA 125.

My son has a BETA 80 and today he and I have had the opportunity to ride two BETA 125s. one a standard 2011 and the other Jack Sheppards 2010 bike

on which he won the UK round of the world youth championship. both bikes feel more like a 250 from four or five years ago than a 125.So YES a 125 will have enough power.

P.S after we had ridden Jacks bike he was riding up an eight foot high vertical step from a standing start about three feet back.

Edited by paul250

Depends where you want to be really. The Gas Gas remains the "trick" bike and the Sherco is pretty dependable and is a lot "trickier" in ST form. My lad did try the 2011 Beta EVO 125 of Danielle Whitham and his verdict was that it seemed more powerful than the GasGas 125 he last rode in 2009. He since has ridden 2010 GasGas250 and 2011 GasGas300. The Power will seem pretty good stepping off a Beta 80 and the bike will seem a class up as all the 125's are using the same parts as the "adult" bikes.

• 3 weeks later...