300 Race Keihin Carb

jonny042

Hello all,

I just got a new 300 Race and have noticed a few symptoms of what I think might be carb setup issues:

- stalling when pointed downhill

- p****** fuel out on the stairs when I'm taking it into the basement

- hard to start

- pinging/knocking on small throttle openings

And I'm pretty sure I can get rid of most of these by checking the float height and maybe limiting the travel and maybe routing the vent tube a little differently (or removing it entirely). It also seems like it might want a bigger pilot jet.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the carb is tilted to the right by marbe 10 degrees? I haven't rotated it since I got the bike but seems like it would be hard to do by mistake, so should I change it and expect it to help things?

Thanks in advance!!!

It sounds like a sticking float problem. If it is tipped this may not be helping. If the bike is new I'd get the dealer to check the float height and see if it is sticking. If you need to do it yourself then I'd set it straight and clean out the float bowl. There is a guide to setting the float height on the Beta Forum as they had a few setup problems initially. It is a tricky process. Failing that have a look at this Float.

Edited by Telecat

Got same bike and some of the same issues.. Tore the carb apart and found the floats not level with each other.. tweaked the floats level and set floats at 19mm..seemed to help allot.

Hey 11gasgas, welcome to TC and thanks for the tip I will attempt to do the same. I see you're a UMTA rider am I going to see you on the 17th? Missed the trial yesterday did you make it?

Jon