Another Canuck Eh!

old_brew

Hi. I am a transplanted Brit who immigrated to Canada in 1974.I have been riding trials on and off for the past 45 years. Before leaving the UK I made the terrible mistake of getting rid of my Greeves Scottish early 60's X works bike. I believe it may have been Don Smiths ride at some point in his career.

My present bike is a 1983 Can-Am 310 which I purchased from new. Also, along with the parts catalog and owners manual was a covering letter signed by the great Jeff Smith, who was a consultant for Can-Am at that time. I rode the Can-Am in competitive trials as a solo machine for many years before adding a Trident hack/sidecar. As the only member of my trials club (The Take 5 Trials Club. Winnipeg.) to own a sidecar outfit, competition was somewhat non-existing but the WOW! factor was a lot of fun. I have not ridden competitively for a long time, but now that I have retired and may be moving to Kelowna BC (Trial riders heaven) in the near future, I don't think I'll be selling my bike any time soon.

I must add, that I am very impressed with the quality and content of this web site, and it's great to see a Canadian connection.

Regards, Mike Brewer

Hi Mike Yeah ! we remember you "Take 5" guys coming out to one of our Kelowna Nationals a few years back - A good bunch & be sure to give us a shout if you do make the move to the Valley ( You likely know we have a National on at Summerland next month)

Is this MIke of the old Take Five club? If so it has been a long time since we spoke LOL

I saw Francois about two years ago, ye she still had a neck scarf on LOL

Cheers

Billy Traynor

Hey! Billy. Long time no see huh! I was wondering if "Billy T" was in fact you, so I took a look at your profile picture but that didn't help to much, as I remember you with a lot of hair;) but I thought it was you. Are you still in the USA?

I have not seen any of the old club members since the club kind of withered up and died many years ago. I still see Dan Leslie, Kent Wells and BIG Ken Stiff as they live near me.

Good to touch base with you again.

Hi Mike Yeah ! we remember you "Take 5" guys coming out to one of our Kelowna Nationals a few years back - A good bunch & be sure to give us a shout if you do make the move to the Valley ( You likely know we have a National on at Summerland next month)

Hi Dave. Thanks for the heads up on the National next month. I have to make a trip to Kelowna sometime in May, so that could work out well. I was trying to do a web search for a trials club in Kelowna but came up empty handed.Any ideas?

Hi Mike:

Great to see your name again after so many years.....it would be great to see you again if you make it to the National in May!!

PS. I didnt recognize Billy in pictures either for the same reason as you!!! Although he has just made me laugh with the comment about Francois and his neck scarf! :rotfl:

Hi Billy:

Very nice picture!!! Now. picture a step twice as big as that, except its wet and has moss on it, and then Matt is riding up it on a 2011 Beta Evo 250!!! Magic bike for sure! You gonna come up for Outlaw Daves National in May?

Steve

Hi Mike - No we haven't had a club in the Valley for a number of years, - too many hassles, but still quite a lot of riders, and we get out most weekends. - check out my website www.outlawtrials.com for daily updates. And Billy good pic - I've snagged it for the "Odds" album on my gallery. :thumbup:

Steve

I just saw your "send me a PM" message this am.

I have tried many times to no avail. Here is my contact info. Get a hold of me on one of these and we can chat.

Cell # 602-570-6877

E-mail williamtraynor@hotmail.com

Cheers

Hi Mike:

Great to see your name again after so many years.....it would be great to see you again if you make it to the National in May!!

PS. I didnt recognize Billy in pictures either for the same reason as you!!! Although he has just made me laugh with the comment about Francois and his neck scarf! :rotfl:

Hi Steve.

It's been a long time since Winnipeg. OMG! I don't think you were even married then, and now you have a kid riding competitive trials. That makes me feel real old :o . I don't know for sure at this time that I can make the National in May, but if I do I'll be sure to say Hi!

Great to touch base with you again.

Mike

Mike

I am based out of Arizona. Lots of big rocks here, but as Steve pointed out they are dry and very easy to get up them due to the traction.

I would not know what to do if you showed me a rock with moss on it or in fact a log as I seldom see or ride any! :unsure:

I need some lessons from Steve on riding slippery rocks and logs! What are you riding these days? Do you still go to BIrdshill, Rennie, Lac Dubonnie, Stoney?

The last time I was there was with Mike Duncan. He visited me several time when I was in Texas. He had just went back to Winnipeg from riding with me in Texas and then he passed away. It was a shock when his wife called me to let me know! :wacko:

I am riding a 125cc Beta Evo S3 Factory. I was riding a Beta 4T but it got stolen. Paste the verbiage below (exactly) into You Tube and you can see me fart about on the bike.

billyt 4t

Post or send some pictures of you!

Later....

Edited by BillyT

Great to hear from both you guys, your right it has been along time for sure! Mike, I have a son and a daughter, so I guess that you are right and time flies for sure. My son Matt is not a chip off the block, he is the block!! Just turned 15 last week and riding better than me now! The 6.5 inch growth spurt had a little to do with it. Would be great to see you in May!

steve