2011 Sherco 250 carb

awalton

What problems are you having?

what effect are you trying to achieve?

With the current carb i am having some troubles starting it, and it seems to be taking a longer time to rev down (carb is not dirty, and there is no air leak). I have adjusted the needle and changed both the pilot (36) and the main jet (118).

I want to smooth out the power from bottom to top. The main thing is I want to know if anybody has used a keihin yet.

I have a keihin on a 2011 250.

Very good, no problems.

Fitting is a bit of a task as the choke lever will be too close to the black electrical box.

I made a v shaped block to angle the box forward for clearance, quite a simple cure.

Splatshop sell Keihins and ship worldwide. Thats where mine came from.

It's best to make your Dellort run right before going for a different carb. The Keihin is more trick to tune than the Dellort so you might get a lot more trouble than you bargained for.

I'd guess you have a fault condition you need to find first.

Best of balance.

Neo

I have a keihin on a 2011 250.

Very good, no problems.

Fitting is a bit of a task as the choke lever will be too close to the black electrical box.

I made a v shaped block to angle the box forward for clearance, quite a simple cure.

Splatshop sell Keihins and ship worldwide. Thats where mine came from.

Did you do SSDT, is that you Rich?

With the current carb i am having some troubles starting it, and it seems to be taking a longer time to rev down (carb is not dirty, and there is no air leak). I have adjusted the needle and changed both the pilot (36) and the main jet (118).

I want to smooth out the power from bottom to top. The main thing is I want to know if anybody has used a keihin yet.

Yes, it has been done as stated, yet if you want to smooth it, probably not the best bet! :rolleyes: Add the cost!

Aha somebody else like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went through all manner of messing about with carburation and timing as the above guys will recall. Motor was "awash" with petrol lumpy at bottom end..too fierceetc. It was so "wet" that it was pulling unburned fuel back in from exhaust on overrun. Ended up with 33 pilot 118 main needle in middle AND boyenson 2 stage reeds with std reed stops. It has been a little too soft for bog hopping in Scotland so I am currently advancing the timing back to where it started from just to get a little more snap. If it starts to stall easy like it was I'm thinking of re fitting one of the std reeds alomng with one half set of the boyensons (it was definitly the reeds that tamed it down) the full history of "our" efforts to sort out running of 2011 250 with Dellorto carb will be in this Sherco forum. If you go down the road of Keihin Chris At Splatshop is top man for Sherco and has stock of Keihin.

Just as a check of float height put the bike motor runnimg on a downhill angle..probably fine but it's reported that several in SSDT had fuel starvation problems.dont know which models so it's no help really

Edited by chewy

I can give you a couple things to try on the Dell. Your mileage may vary.

You might try the 38 pilot, where is your fuel screw set now? Get it below 2 turns with bigger jet.

Take out your choke jet to #70-80 range for better cold starting, as in BC, you will have cooler ave temps. A simple drill bit of 3/64ths will take to #80 as equiv as I recall, little ventured!

Needle clip still in 2 or 3 groove.

I still think that on average rider status, the 26 OKO would be the pick if one desires to vary!

Edited by copemech

I can give you a couple things to try on the Dell. Your mileage may vary.

You might try the 38 pilot, where is your fuel screw set now? Get it below 2 turns with bigger jet.

Take out your choke jet to #70-80 range for better cold starting, as in BC, you will have cooler ave temps. A simple drill bit of 3/64ths will take to #80 as equiv as I recall, little ventured!

Needle clip still in 2 or 3 groove.

I still think that on average rider status, the 26 OKO would be the pick if one desires to vary!

Ok thanks, I will try a 38 pilot if i cant dial in the 36. My fuel screw is at 3 turns out. Thanks again!!

Ok thanks, I will try a 38 pilot if i cant dial in the 36. My fuel screw is at 3 turns out. Thanks again!!

Oh, for smoothing, try the Boyesen reeds as stated. I seen Tryals Shop had some #665 reeds in their clearance section for $20, listed for old Beta Techno, same as what you might want to try. :rolleyes: