Hot Start Knob Function?

bigbird2

Can anyone explain the actual function of the Hot Start knob on my Evo 300 4t?

From looking at the Hot Start fix stickey, my GUESS is that it just adds some air in behind the carb?

I don't see how that would help and the instructions for use seem strange/confusing.

Mine is spring loaded so needs to be manually HELD in the open position (unless I'm missing something :>)

THANKS!

Can anyone explain the actual function of the Hot Start knob on my Evo 300 4t?

From looking at the Hot Start fix stickey, my GUESS is that it just adds some air in behind the carb?

I don't see how that would help and the instructions for use seem strange/confusing.

Mine is spring loaded so needs to be manually HELD in the open position (unless I'm missing something :>)

THANKS!

You should not have to manually hold it. When pulled out far enough, it should click and stay in that extended position. Sounds as of yours is not pulling out far enough to click, or something is a miss in the mechanism.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the 4T bikes are hard to start when warm.... typically after a stall, cough, or tip over..... due to a little too much fuel going into a non firing cylinder. The hot start knob and a slow/gentle kick start and it will normally fire it up dead easy.

Ralphy