315 Advice

drake

Well i've been thinking about changing to Montesa lately, and specificaly a 315.

Just a few questions though first if you don't mind?

Were there any significant changes made to the 315 in the years it was produced/

And, seen as they are getting on a bit, are there any good mods/improvements or upgrades that you would recomend?

Thanks

Were there any significant changes made to the 315 in the years it was produced?

No not really. There was better forks, brakes, carb in about 2001. Some detail frame geometry changes but nothing really significant.

And, seen as they are getting on a bit, are there any good mods/improvements or upgrades that you would recomend?

Thanks

No not really. I've got the rear linkage plates in mine which I like but as others have said recently not everyone does. Make sure everything is working properly and you haven't got issues with linkage or wheel bearings or brakes. Decent tyres and maybe a clutch overhaul will make life easier in the sections then just ride it and enjoy it.