Electronic Ignition

bogwheel

Great - thanks David and Martin,

I think i am a bit wiser now?

Everthing is new and have gone back to the Bing with all new bits and standard settings.

I think the jerkyness at crawling speed may be carb related -

Also can anyone advise how to set the float height and what is the correct measurement please?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I purchased the Electrex system for my Sherpa M159, it failed at the first meeting :angry: Electrex did not respond either to my e-mail or my phone calls until I got REALLY stroppy with them :( . Electrex do not understand customer service at any level and will insist they have never had any problems in the past, which is a lie :wall: when all you have to do is read this thread and many others. I personally know of at least two other people in my area alone who have had problems with them and their systems.

Once they accepted to take the system back (at my expense!!!) they returned it TWO WEEKS LATER claiming there was nothing wrong with it. I fitted the system back on with the original plug etc and it started 3rd kick. Its a miracle!

They gave no apology and have never acknowledged the inconvenience or costs incurred by me. :wall:

The instructions are vague and confusing and make you question what you thought you knew, then they don't respond to your questions seeking qualification. I will never buy an electrex system again. :wall:

I just purchased a Powerdynamo system from Germany for my lads TY80B and it was very simple to fit and the instructions were very clear even with the odd unusual translation. :beer:

Avoid electrex, there are other systems out there that do not get the feedback Electrex do on this and other forums, so why take the chance of being messed about. The other systems are reportedly better, simpler and easier with some genuine service behind them (I've used BultacoUK many times and fitted a Powerdynamo system as above)

This is my humble view anyway!

Mick