beta evo shock

millerme

just bought a new rear shock spring from beta uk , but after ordering it i was thinking would it be ok to use as the guy said it 10% more stiffer than standard as i am 16.5 stone .looked on sxs and they got some for 20% more was thinking of sending it back and buy one of them,but would it be to stiff then and will not get full rebound so dont know what to do now

I have a red spring on my bike - from Lampkins. When I fitted it I set the spring length to the same as the original black item,140mm, I found the ride a little harsh, so I backed off the pre load off a little with shock in situ, approx 1/3 of a turn on lock rings - I am now more than happy with it.

thanks for your reply MR SAVAGE i spoke to lampkins and said the red spring was fitted to dougie`s bike when he had a 2010 evo so will fit it next few day`s and see how we go did you adjust the front fork s at all to set up with the rear thanks

Yes, I adjusted the forks as per the weight related instructions in the hand book. That done, I felt the rebound setting was over adjusted, so I backed it off by 50% of the recommended amount as the forks felt a little dead, prior to adjust the front end was very "lively" but gave me the feeling that they would bottom out. Pre-load ok, rebound, not sure, I need to ride it more to decide if it

I have just ordered the 16.5st spring from SXS but they are on back order until next week, I weigh in at around 18st at the moment and realy can't wait to get the new rear spring, I have added as much pre-load onto the rear of my Evo as I feel I can and the rear is still very soft!

On another note, When I spoke to Steve Saunders I asked about matching fork springs, they are actualy in the process of testing a fork spring to match the 16.5st rear spring, he said they are aiming to have them for sale around mid - end of august, I will be getting one as soon as they are out!

Adam