trials pants

chuckmorris

I bought some Jitsie Bolt gear this year which is loose fitting compared to my old Hebo stuff. Not so good when it gets wet though? Snug, close fitting, skin tight - call it what you want but I find it less distracting (especially when wet) compared to the looser fitting stuff?

Personal opinion; I really don't give a sh*t how I look as long as I'm comfortable!

GJ :wacko:

I am 55 and new to trials - but at my age the skin tight pants were not something I wanted.

I am a fair weather rider and don't go riding when the weather is horribly cold or wet - so my choice may not suite your needs. I bought a pair of motorcross pants that were very affordable and they work well. They are a bit roomy as they are built so you can use knee braces, the hips pads are just pieces of foam stuck inside the pants, and there aren't any pockets for keys or money - but they are comfortable and seem to be durable and I am pleased with them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/9/31967/ITEM/ONeal-Racing-Element-Pants---2011.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

This company offers lots of choices of motocross style pants - and the prices are great and really cheap if you happen to find an older closeout style that has your size and color available. I don't know if the shipping would be expensive outside of the US.

Edited by 1oldbanjo

I had same thoughts... I've not quite got the figure for lycra!

I went down the route of Motorcross Pants and I've been really pleased with them. I went to an MX shop (which there seems to be more of than Trials shops) and was able to try on lots of different brands.

I like the look of the Fox stuff, but actually found that they were too baggy? MX jeans often include space around the knee for pads / braces. In my opinion the fox pants were too baggy, troy stuff was ok, snug for MX pants but baggier than trials pants.

In the end I chose Shift (faction) pants. They are really comfy and appear to be well made and durable. Haven't tried them in the cold yet, but so far so good... Good fit, flexible, breathable areas around all the "sweaty bits", comfy to wear under boots. Only downside, nowhere to put a car key or phone or anything.. .but I doubt you could hide an i phone in lyrca either! :) About

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...