What size chain?

flypigs

Today we had one of the first part failures on our well used 36v 16. One of the pins of the masterlink sheared off. Over the last two years, the chain has derailed a few times, so it's tough to tell if it failed on its own or if it was pinched btwn one of the sprockets and the swingarm.

Regardless, I need to get a replacement masterlink or maybe an entire chain, which I hope to get locally.

Does anyone know the size of the chain, and if it is likely to be found at a bicycle shop?

Thanks,

Pete

I'm pretty sure it is a #25 chain (1/4" between pins, 3.1mm between the inner plates), and you're right, it's industrial only, not bicycle. I was hoping to find it locally to avoid $10 shipping for a $3 part (for just the master link), but there is very little in the way of industrial supply nearby.

I did end up ordering from OSET, and the prices were reasonable.

Thanks,

Pete

I don't think you'd find them at a bicycle shop, more of an industrial machinery chain, does look similar to a motorcycle cam chain.

Do you know OSET sell them through their web page?

http://www.osetbikes.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=O&Category_Code=prts16