scorpa what year?

scorpadave

Hi All

I have just bought a Scorpa 250 SY I was told it was an 06. Does anyone know how to interpret the frame number? Or know of any other distinguishing features?

It has a grey frame, silver wheels, snail type chain tensioner, linkless swingarm, paiolla forks with preload and extension adjustment on the top.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a shot of my 2005 from the front but you can see the standard colour scheme and the silver wheels/ yokes etc. This one's original as I've had it from new.

100_4355.jpg

Yep that looks exactly as mine does. I guess it's an 05 then, I'm not bothered I only paid

Scorpadave, I can see your confusion..both Godzilla and Pete-Scorpa3 claim to have had an 05 but,have different bash plates?

I see that the year on year changes to the marque were very subtle indeed (front forks/clutch actuation/brake disks/bash plate etc.)...is there a 'best of breed' that the Scorpa fan club would recommend?

I ask this after reading Godzilla's TCgarage comments :icon_salut:

Pete-Scorpa3 posted as I was typing...Ta !

Edited by HAM2

Scorpadave, I can see your confusion..both Godzilla and Pete-Scorpa3 claim to have had an 05 but,have different bash plates?

I see that the year on year changes to the marque were very subtle indeed (front forks/clutch actuation/brake disks/bash plate etc.)...is there a 'best of breed' that the Scorpa fan club would recommend?

I ask this after reading Godzilla's TCgarage comments :icon_salut:

Pete-Scorpa3 posted as I was typing...Ta !

I've just read that the 12th digit of the vin number is the year. That confirms she's an 05.

Thanks everyone