05 Thermostat

gasgasblue

Yo! DUDES, more info on the 'problem' please?

was the fan not working, or what is up?

Raga's version has different one that the regular 04-05 models?

Maybe I have the problem you have but thought it was normal (as is usually the case until I read this group, ya know?)

I noticed in the TMX coverage of the Ibiza IWTC round that you can see that Jeroni is running the in-line thermostat - it doesn't look like a stock picture and the bike has 05 graphics.

Q.E.D even the factory have jumped ship, back to the old version.

Also I notice he doesn't use the Mag clutch cover, why would that be ?

I took this photograph at the Red Rose round of the British Championship in October 2004. The thermostat has a bypass switch which allows the fan to be switched on if the thermostat fails. Unfortunately I can't tell you who's bike it was or what year.

post-7-1112471963.jpg

I replaced my 04 Raga thermostat the other day. It was straight forward. Uses a little circlip to hold it in. The biggest problem is getting the radiator out and in, its a tight fit! I tried fitting an 04 Std Pro thermostat in line but it did not work! Not sure why? It works in my 04 Pro but not my Raga bike? Figure that? I like the switch idea, I think I will do the same.

The symtoms were overheating with coolant running out of the overflow, no fan. I tested the fan, rectifier and both were ok. Replaced thermostat and problem solved.