fort william

nigel dabster

Also if the top four go clean what happens then?

They could carry on until they start dropping points:

• Toughen up/extend sections
  • Ride certain ones in reverse
  • Shorten the time limit per section

If that doesn't work:

• Let them change something on another riders bike
  • Then make them swap bikes with each other
  • Award points for style/tricks

:popcorn:

Oh I don't know. Maybe the end of the WTC as we know it but I doubt if it will be the end.

It's not just the costs associated with the FIM demands. The costs of fuel to get to events, the ferry or flight costs, road tolls, hotels etc etc are putting attending beyond the means of many and that's not just for competitors. The last world round in France this year they'd have been lucky if there were 500 spectators and they put the start time back by an hour both days to try and up attendance. It didn't work.

The last world round in France this year they'd have been lucky if there were 500 spectators and they put the start time back by an hour both days to try and up attendance. It didn't work.

Sheet! That bad? Gizza said earlier that he would rather get on his bike and watch the Scottish than a world round. I guess that's the way many feel.

Sometimes things need to reach a certain point to force change, the writing has been on the wall a long time for world championship trials, will it change? I haven’t a clue.

It may take a bold move to bring it around as it did the SSDT, but providing the clubman goes out and enjoys the sport , the upper levels will find it ’s own answers, the tail has been put before the dog too long.

I agree. In a weak moment last week I watched the Japanese F1 GP and there were more cars on that grid than there are on a MotoGP grid. Go figure. All of the "promotors" have made a right dogs breakfast of the sport.

Edited by TooFastTim