Anyone remember Tony Kemp

davetom

Earlier this summer,rode my HT up to Solihull British Legion where I play snooker and meet my mates, when an old chap who I`ve often said hello to but never really spoke to showed an interest in my bike. Turns out he rode in ISDT`s on Triumphs in early 60`s( Wales and Garmisch) and rode works James ( I think) at some stage.

He said he rode sleeved down 175 Cubs in ISDTs amongst other things, and since then I`ve done some work at his house, where he took me to his garage and showed me a pretty impressive large cardboard box of trials/scrambles trophys from 50s/60s.

He`s early 80s now but still fit and well and wonder if any old friends/foes are on here?

Hi Charlie,

I`ve just found an excellent website- `speedtracktales` that is full of pics and info from old ISDT`s, and there`s a mention of a C.A.Kemp retiring on a 175 Triumph at the `62 ISDT. When I next see him I`ll ask if he uses his middle name now ,Anthony, and the C could be his proper christian name? He said he rode at Garmisch so that tallies up.

I just found it interesting that this quiet old chap who has a pint with his wife at our club was a bit of a rider in his day. Hope you have some luck at your end, thanks for trying,

regards, Dave