'05 gas gas coolant leak

joandemma

My mates '05 gasser keeps leaking coolant out of overflow pipe, and he has to top up regularly. Fan is running ok on radiator and does not seem to be overheating. any ideas anyone, he is filling it till no more can be put in , is this correct. thanks in advance anyone.

My mates '05 gasser keeps leaking coolant out of overflow pipe, and he has to top up regularly. Fan is running ok on radiator and does not seem to be overheating. any ideas anyone, he is filling it till no more can be put in , is this correct. thanks in advance anyone.

Usually the coolant level is at the bottom of the neck of the fill pipe, any excess will dribble out the overflow when the coolant expands with heat (this is normal). If your mate's bike is still dribbling coolant after riding a bit, it may be that the o-rings sealing the head to the cylinder are leaking and should be replaced. Try re-torquing the head fasteners first to see if that doesn't cure the dribble, if not the o-rings probably need replacing.

Jon

Edited by JSE

There's his problem , it has no where to go as it warms up , thus , out the over flow