ACU Online Licence Application.

pete_scorpa3

If your club isnt affilliated to the ACU you shouldn't be signing riders ACU licence renewal forms!

I know thats why i told them they would have to contact an ACU affiliated club in the area as we wont be affiliated to the ACU in 2012. I was just checking that a rider needed a ref number from an affiliated club to renew online as some had said they had done it at the dirt bike show on the ACU stand and didnt need one plus some guys thought if you did it online they could avoid getting a ref number and having to join a club. Now i know that i was correct in telling them that they would have to contact another club that IS affiliated to the ACU for 2012. Perhaps a club will just give them a number without them having to join seeing as it's christmas ? :biggrinsanta:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know thats why i told them they would have to contact an ACU affiliated club in the area as we wont be affiliated to the ACU in 2012. I was just checking that a rider needed a ref number from an affiliated club to renew online as some had said they had done it at the dirt bike show on the ACU stand and didnt need one plus some guys thought if you did it online they could avoid getting a ref number and having to join a club. Now i know that i was correct in telling them that they would have to contact another club that IS affiliated to the ACU for 2012. Perhaps a club will just give them a number without them having to join seeing as it's christmas ? :biggrinsanta:

Just as an aside why no club membership costs?

Yes of course the club could give out numbers foc just the same as shoplifting is possible but who does that?

Yes of course the club could give out numbers foc just the same as shoplifting is possible but who does that?

As far as i know the club has not had a membership for years. I have been riding their trials for just over 4 years and have been running the club for just over a year. I was told it went back a few years, before i started riding with them, when it was "agreed" amongst a number of local clubs that they all would not charge membership fees so that local riders didnt have to incur all those fees involved in joining loads of local clubs to ride at club trials. I can't verify this as i was not riding then. Looks like all the other clubs then changed their minds and reverted to memberships and associated fees and we did'nt. I know we as a club run all our trials under an open permit so that way we dont have to pay any ACU affiliation fees. Also as an aside and this may be just a "Classic" club thing but all the local Classic Clubs are AMCA, dont know if thats relevant to this discussion but it was part of the reason we are going AMCA next year, and you can ride at all their events as a club member of that club or as a guest. Members save

Edited by Old trials fanatic