GasGas TXT-E

jam

Any ideas how much this little Gem will be?

I have heard through the grapevine that the kit will be around 5k euros but this do not include the donor bike. I may be well off ( I hope I am to be honest) a more realistic price for a kit would be around 2.5k euro's.

Edit: out of interest ;) what would people consider a good price for a bolt on kit for existing gas bikes.

Edited by gwhy

i think it's looks a great little bike but if we think we will turn back the clock twenty years and you'll be able to pop down the local woods again we are kidding are selfs.just a few short years ago i could go and have a play in the sand quarry a joining my familys farm ,can't even ride a mountain bike down there legally now as the local twitches have spotted some rare bird and the whole area has become a wild life preservation area ,with such people running local councils etc access is being lost to all.just because a electric bike is silent they suddenly are'nt going to open every where up.A hundred yards from home a well silenced trials bike can barely be heard so its hardly offensive to the ear,next doors mower is more noisey, i kind of think we are trying to solve a problem that does'nt exist for a bunch of people that will still moan anyway.which brings us back to the question do i want to spend 5k on a bike with maybe a couple of hours range? no but maybe 3k or there abouts.

Interesting that you should say about not being able to ride in more places. I have be talking to one of my local councillors about various e-bike related stuff that I met while I was promoting a e-bmx of mine at a open day at a local bmx race track that was promoting urban bike sports i.e cycletrials, bmx racing and ramp riding, He said he could not foresee any problems using ebikes at these facilities and actually was very interested in some of the development work I have been doing as regards e-bikes and asked to come around my workshop to see for himself what I have been upto and he was very positive about the whole thing and now feels more informed about the tec. I go out regularly, local woods (mountain bikes are allowed) and up the local park (400 yards away ) on one of my e-bikes and never had any negative issues with anyone. So I hope you are wrong but it may mean that e-bikes can only ride where bmx tracks are but there are plently of urban bmx tracks around, there are 2 within 3 miles from me :thumbup: .