trials helmets?

motomanandy

Speaking as a chap with a big head, I struggled until I tried the Airoh (XL). But it really is a try it and see proposition as we are all different. I was advised that it needs to be a snug fit to the point of mild discomfort as it will ease off to the shape of your head, and the top of your head needs to be touching the top of the helmet. I sign off with what may look like an avatar, but is actually a portrait of me. (explains alot don't you think?) :icon_rendeer:

Speaking as a chap with a big head, I struggled until I tried the Airoh (XL). But it really is a try it and see proposition as we are all different. I was advised that it needs to be a snug fit to the point of mild discomfort as it will ease off to the shape of your head, and the top of your head needs to be touching the top of the helmet. I sign off with what may look like an avatar, but is actually a portrait of me. (explains alot don't you think?) :icon_rendeer:

And I can vouch for him as well he is defo very ODD arent you Pete :agreed::rotfl:

on a serious note I found the Airoh very comfy on my bonce

what shapes your head?

its impossible to advise on a helmet like this, go to a few shops and try some on. :blink:

I wouldnt say impossible.

I have what looks like a tall thin head from the front but when i turn to the side its really quite big looking! also ive got kind of a bump at the back tapering off to the neck if this helps :blink:

I'm similarly challenged re (trials) helmet, I have an airoh rock which although took some time to 'wear in' now is comfortable. However, I've always found shoei road bike helmets to be a great (and only) fit and I've now acquired a shoei trials helmet which is again a great (and much better) fit straight out of the box.

Andy

I'm similarly challenged re (trials) helmet, I have an airoh rock which although took some time to 'wear in' now is comfortable. However, I've always found shoei road bike helmets to be a great (and only) fit and I've now acquired a shoei trials helmet which is again a great (and much better) fit straight out of the box.

Andy

what model shoei is it Andy? trials helmets are proving quite hard to find!

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt say impossible.

I have what looks like a tall thin head from the front but when i turn to the side its really quite big looking! also ive got kind of a bump at the back tapering off to the neck if this helps :blink:

It is impossible to advise they are all different shapes,tr3 fits me well airoh I couldnt wear at all.A compromise because of weight was a hebo but lots of peeps like he cheaper lids like sammy does.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY SUPPORT YOUR SHOP!

It is impossible to advise they are all different shapes,tr3 fits me well airoh I couldnt wear at all.A compromise because of weight was a hebo but lots of peeps like he cheaper lids like sammy does.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY SUPPORT YOUR SHOP!

chance would be a fine thing there are no shops around me i have to get everything online!

:popcorn: