Sherco ST290 2011 opinions?

tricks

On the 2011, once the float height is correct you should have no issue's. They're good bikes! The rear shock is for sure better than your 2003 Scorpa!

Reading forums about bikes can make your head spin. You read enough and every bike can seem like it has all kinds of problems! My experience with bikes is often much different from what I read. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Thanks Sirhc, that's pretty much what i wanted to hear. I know you don't always get a definitive answer when asking on the net - it feels like this sometimes :wall: but it's good to ask someone who has ridden them week in week out and get a honest answer :thumbup:

The Scorpa shock was dreadful, a 10st rider would have found it great but under my hefty a*** bouncing it felt like wadeing through quick sand. What's the deal on float height then, is there one good set up or would it vary due to being in different parts of the world? What set up's are the good folk in the UK using?

I've got the 2011 250.

I've had no problems at all with it and enjoy riding it very much.

if i could change one thing it would only be where the fuel filler is!!

other than that i'd buy the same again if i had my time over.

never had any of the carb issues mentioned, and thought the rear shock was great up until reading the above.

good luck with what ever you decide to do.

ATB Si

Cheers Si :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Having just read about the 2012 ST [introduction of a petrol tap] I take it that the 010-011 bikes didn't have fuel taps? or atleast ones with reserve?

Also.. how do those of you riding the new 2012 bikes find the new tap position in really muddy conditions, that area is normally caked with crap on my old bikes, it also attracts small branches down there - is it a problem on the new Sherco?

Sorry for the questions but i got to know before splashing the cash :beer:

Having just read about the 2012 ST [introduction of a petrol tap] I take it that the 010-011 bikes didn't have fuel taps? or atleast ones with reserve?

That's correct, 2010 and 2011 had no fuel taps at all.

I've installed an inline-fuel tap from Motion Pro on my 2011 and it works well.

Wait till Chewy goes to re-engineer the gasser because he can't start it, change gears or stop it rattling like a box of rocks! :thumbup: !

Happy to say I.ve changed for a Beta 200..I.ve started smiling again!!!!! It rides good straight out of the box..John Lampkins after sales service is the best in UK (should I need to call) and it will be easy to sell on. I.ll keep on looking in on Sherco problems though...having no bits to make and try leaves me with time to..te he ..in fact ha ha.

Happy to say I.ve changed for a Beta 200..I.ve started smiling again!!!!! It rides good straight out of the box..John Lampkins after sales service is the best in UK (should I need to call) and it will be easy to sell on. I.ll keep on looking in on Sherco problems though...having no bits to make and try leaves me with time to..te he ..in fact ha ha.

Ah, all good then for now! Sweet bike! :thumbup: