Fantic 240 clutch

majesty320

Hi all

Just picked a half tidy 240, I have been going through it to see what it needs and found that the clutch is slipping quit badly. When I checked there is no free play or adjustment left at the lever end, could someone talk me through the process of how to adjust the clutch and what oil to use so I can try this before I pull it apart, as the rest of the engine is really good.

Regards Mark

• Like 1

Remove big screw at center of clutch cover. Back out screw in center of clutch assembly until you get 1/4"play at lever. replace big screw in clutch cover. Ride and check for slipping. If OK then adjust at lever adjuster for 1/8" play. If clutch drags badly when held fully into bar do the time intensive Beta clutch fix in the Beta forum. Use a top quality light viscosity motorcycle gear oil designed for two stroke transmissions, change it every two events or so. Automotive Automatic trans fluid will make the clutch work well but somewhere on the second loop or so the shifting will get very clunky so it scares me...rumors of kickstart gear failure with ATF too. Some say you must run Domino levers but they bend too easily for me and break if you attempt to straighten them. I get decent action with Honda CR levers. I run an extender on the arm down at the engine for lighter action.

Edited by htrdoug