RTL250S : Ignition problems ?

fufu30400

Hi everybody,

I'm back on this forum in order to get some technicals datas from this bike. I know that the engine can stop when it's hot (seems to be something particular on this bike that has been solved adding a oil radiator) but on mine it happens even if the engine is not so cold ! I noticed that spark is very week, almost invisible and for this reason I think it could be responsible of this trouble. Does anybody know which values (resistance, tension etc ..) must be found for coil, stator so I could check for this ?

Last thing, I have some litlle problems with gear box : sometimes it's very difficult to go from second to first gear and I fall on a "false neutral" what is very annoying ...

Any help appreciated of course.

Regards,

Victor

Victor I hope somebody can help you with the data you need. you are using correct spark plug (not resistor type perhaps) Just replied because Bagnols sur Ceze "rings a bell" is it near Pont St Esprit? Have trials friends there. Bonne Chance

Hi Chewy, you're right ! Bagnols is not very far from Pont St Esprit. I have some friends there too, perhaps you know Thierry Lopez for instance. At the moment, I'm using a NGK DRP9EIX-9 spark plug and a DPR9EA-9 in th e past. To be honest, I didn't notice any difference ...

Hope we'll meet one day on a trial in south of France !

Have a good day.

Regards,

Victor

we'll be there in February .and again in the summer ..we like the classic trials Ardeche, Cruise, Haut Vosges. maybe Ms Molino will be back (Aveyron). The good food ,drink and trials practice grounds (won't mention local to you place begining with Goud) also...you have it very good there ..long may it continue. I know Papy (daniel chaix) from Bagnols..Guy Couble St julien de peyrolas. See you

I suppose you want to say Creuse .... this is the place where I'm born and been living for 25 years : trial's paradise, isn't it ? I belonged to the club A.T.C for all this time. I did the classic last summer with a friend ant it was absolutely GREAT event if a bit hard for the last day because of the rain ... and I'll be again next year of course ! See you too.