tl125 carb insulator

showtime45

• 2 weeks later...

I made my own, CNC machined from phenolic, TL125K profile, TL125S shield thickness also added an o-ring on the head side to eliminate the gasket and it has straight hole to help increase the air velocity sightly. I've had one on my bike for about 8 years now.

I can see how many I have left if you're interested.

Scooter

I made my own, CNC machined from phenolic, TL125K profile, TL125S shield thickness also added an o-ring on the head side to eliminate the gasket and it has straight hole to help increase the air velocity sightly. I've had one on my bike for about 8 years now.

I can see how many I have left if you're interested.

Scooter

Sure, when you get time. I have made one from Delrin but not sure how it will take the heat.

Sure, when you get time. I have made one from Delrin but not sure how it will take the heat.

Delrin melts at 347 F, my material was speced at around 325 if I remember correctly. I know I cooked it at 315 for about 3 hrs and noticed no significant changes in dimensions or appearance.

Try it and see how it holds up.

Delrin melts at 347 F, my material was speced at around 325 if I remember correctly. I know I cooked it at 315 for about 3 hrs and noticed no significant changes in dimensions or appearance.

Try it and see how it holds up.

Thanks TL. I"ll find out this summer :thumbup: