1979 Montesa Cota 349

ombengland

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Cota 349 (1979), and i'm currently reassembling the rear end.

The current rear wheel spacers are none standard items. I have a new sprocket side spacer (form InMotion), but i'm short

of the other spacer.

Does anyone know where i might get one, or the correct length of this item (with a view to getting one made)?

Also, does this spacer require any additional washers, or is it's sole addition, sufficient to take up the difference?

I hope i've explained myself in enough detail for you expert enthusiasts, to provide an answer?

Thanks.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Cota 349 (1979), and i'm currently reassembling the rear end.

The current rear wheel spacers are none standard items. I have a new sprocket side spacer (form InMotion), but i'm short

of the other spacer.

Does anyone know where i might get one, or the correct length of this item (with a view to getting one made)?

Also, does this spacer require any additional washers, or is it's sole addition, sufficient to take up the difference?

I hope i've explained myself in enough detail for you expert enthusiasts, to provide an answer?

Thanks.

I have made my own once i used the end of a damaged pair of alloy handlebars, i had to drill the centre out to fit the wheel spindle and then measured the distance from the wheel bearing to swinging arm. it lasted for years.i did not use any washers either.