125'S Until 19 Years Old

nidom

Read in MCN (sorry), that the Nanny State are propsing to restrict 17 & 18 year olds to 125cc on the road, even if they pass a test. They can then take a test at 19 to get a restricted bhp licence ( ok for trials).

My concern is for the current crop of youth riders, who are looking forward to riding the Scott, Scottish & proper road Nationals when they are 17. Does anybody have any more info on this situation?

http://www.top-run.co.uk/new_licence_legislation.html

Determined to kill off an already dying breed at a time biking should be encouraged if the oil is running out. Sooner we are out of Europe the better, costs us millions a day for what?????

Does make me wonder at times too. Strange really as i "feel" European and love the countries and cultures but dont agree with people who i didnt elect, i know you can say that about this country too (cue SNP), dictating what happens in the country i live in. Have you also seen the new M.O.T. rules that come into place this year? They kept that quiet too.

At least it wont affect off road trials. Then again looking at insurance costs i am surprised that any 17 year olds can afford insurance on a bike anyway? assuming they have insurance that is?

i have read the new MOT rules bloody hell there a bit strict

have any of the MEP'S seen the crap the French/Spanish/Italians drive?? some of the cars i have seen in rural parts of Europe would be crushed in the UK for not been road worthy.... I think they should get there own house in order before they give us more rules !!!! we seem to be the only country in Europe that actually take any notice of the rules, have any of you lot been a bar in Spain lately? i was in bars last year and every one was smoking (well the people who smoke)you could tell the Brits there were the ones stood outside for a smoke

it boils my blood the way we are made to do what they say i say no more rules

sorry for the rant

Umm.. maybe I've missed something but couldn't 17 year olds only ever ride a 125 or was it 33bhp with a reetricted licence? You had to have a restricted licence for two years then it would convert to an open licence. Thus being the only way a 19 year old could ride a big bike.

Or is the change from the restricted 33bhp licence to specifically 125 regardless of bhp?