Classic Trial Fuel Tanks

grib

I am thinking of getting a replacement tank for my 240 - how many people have one of the Classic Trial ones, and what are they like for fit & finish etc? It looks like it is based on a 200 tank rather than a 240?

Edited by Grib

how can you do a 'slim' seat for a 200/240 the bikes as wide as the QE2?

a nice slim compact tank for a 200/240 would be a must have. I suspect that the plastic has only got a limited life with this ethanol malarky ( and i think the % is due to rise soon) so a nice alloy tank might find a market..

I suspect that the plastic has only got a limited life with this ethanol

The original plastic tank stands up perfectly to the ethanol, i've had my fanny sat up for a year with half tank of petrol mix left in, just dragged it out at the weekend drained the old fuel out, tank is as good condition as when it rolled out the factory.

As a side note personaly i don't like the new slim tanks.

Edited by bilc0

As a side note , Chris gives a 2 year warranty on his tanks . So if you have a problem with it contact him and He will sort it out. And I believe he still makes alloy tanks too ... He even did some with really slick flush gas caps .

Glenn