Graham Jarvis, Rides In Spain

johnnyboxer

Seems to get better and better with each vid. Fantastic natural talent. One of the best riders not to be WTC champion? Mainly through not having the right level of support? Always seemed a more naturally gifted rider than Lampkin.

Be nice to see him mop up everything this year.

Seems to get better and better with each vid. Fantastic natural talent. One of the best riders not to be WTC champion? Mainly through not having the right level of support? Always seemed a more naturally gifted rider than Lampkin.

Be nice to see him mop up everything this year.

I always thought the year he did his knee it might have been so different.

That's all very well, but can he do any of that on a trials bike ?

Urmmm, yes he can, unfortunately for whatever the reason was, he moved away from WTC Trials.

My guess, most likely limited sponsorship support and a living wage (as most top riders find), so moved to a sport where he can earn a good wage. I remember that time up at Hawkstone Park, when he damaged his knee. He was in so much pain, but they put a knee brace on him and he carried on, I think he had to retire in the end. Great chap and he's proving what a Top rider he is, keep going Grimbo, we're enjoying your success and the videos. ;-).

Yes, he'd begun to chalk up a few good wins at that point.

I seem to remember one section at Hawkstone that was a really difficult full on climb where he stopped near the top and somehow bumped and reversed it back down for another go (reversing ok back then) Except the reason he stopped was because his throttle cable had broken and he only realised when he tried a second attempt - no throttle...

Love the bit in this video when he jumps the table on the patio and knocks the bottle over. And the nose wheelie down the steps, and the... well, all of it...

Another win in the SSDT isn't beyond possibility either (haven't looked at the entry list and assuming he's riding it) Barring injury I'm predicting a good year for Grimbo.

Yes that's right remember how unlucky Sherco was to lose David Cobos when he ruined his knee in the indoor the year debuting the original in 99 when he was becoming one of the best and and then Jarvis when he was going to be battling at the top in 02 was it? Nigel I tried to send you a pm but it won't go through mate.

• 3 months later...