Triumph Cub

danw43

smiths farm,withcall.

ive got an interesting misfire now,the tappets are set at 10thou

,the plug at 23 thou,not checked the timing yet,doing it tonight hopefull,any tips gratefully accepted,as its a pvl electronic,i think.

also wondered if theres an easy way to check which cam is in the bike,could be standard or the r type cam,the bike is new to me and i dont want to have to strip it to find out,im presuming the r type has a different lift to standard,can i place a dti on the tappet and measure to find out?

dan

yes hopefully see you there pierre,youll recognize me as the idiot careering around with no control whatsoever lol,thats if i can get all the bits a pieces sorted before sunday,im sure i will,im getting lots of help so far

Dan

well its an electrex world ignition with no machining done on the inner case,think ill sort that over winter,had a clean up and it seems to be running better,anyone know how i can find out what cam is in the bike as mentioned before

dan

well ive taken some measurements and believe its got the r cam in,which is a added bonus tappets now set to 2 and 4 thou,hopefully thats right from what i can read on here,digital vernier and a ruler,its far closer to the lift expected with a r cam installed,than with a standard cam,seems a lot better and cleaner reving now so hopefully ive got it right now.

well tomorow is the big day my first trial,think ive done all i can do to be ready doubt ill sleep much tonight,nervous and excited at the same time,bring it on,wish me luck in my baptism of fire.

Hi Dan,

Do you know Poachers @ Withcall is on 13th May NOT tomorrow?

Tomorrow is North Lincs @ North Willingham.

Oh yes, good luck. If you do N.Lincs will see you there.

Edited by Pierre66