Casey On The Stretch......

rockyrider

It comes with great regret today, to learn that Casey Stoner will retire at the end of this, 2012 season. One can fully understand the reasons for this decision, after 20 years at the circuit, however, his talent and expertise will be sorely missed. Only best wishes extended to him and his family, with hopes of seeing him still engaged with MotoGP in some way.

Couldn't agree more.With the untimely loss of Marco last year and casey going at the end of this year Motogp will be all the poorer for it.At least here in the UK we have Cal to cheer on but with Valentino struggling it does make you wonder where the talent will come from to challenge the really fast guys.Do you think the 2013 motogp champion might be spanish?

I'm going to miss watching him race, I got to see him race at Phillip Island for the last time on the Ducati on my honeymoon, for someone who has no more knowledge of the circuit than any of the europeans his shear pace was amazing

Reading some of the interviews etc online he really wasn't happy with the direction Dorna is taking the series in, namely the 2 tier championship & that has contributed to his not enjoying racing anymore

I'm glad he's been able to retire on his terms while at the height of his career rather than staying in it for the money & fading back through the field like Rossi & a few others have

Do I think the 2013 motogp champion will be spanish? I believe the 2013 moto1 champion is likely to be Lorenzo, I don't believe Pedrosa has it in him to ever be champion in the top class & can't see why other than for the repsol money that he has kept his seat for so long on the honda

• 3 weeks later...

I too, will miss Casey Stoner on the podium each race. However, if there were ever siigns of a racer who lost the fire in his belly, it was today at Catalunya. Casey started from pole as you know, and immediately fell back to 5th without even a fight. Dani Pedrosa, brilliantly circled around Cal Crutchlow from the second row, to take the lead with Jorge Lorenzo in tow. From there on in, it looked doubtful that Stoner would be able to catch Dovi, Ben Spies, Jorge or Dani.

There is a good chance now that Jorge will regain his title, with Dani a close second, or maybe even Dovi!! He want's to prove something.

Next season 2013, is anybody's guess. I have been especially impressed with the results of Stefan Bradl, and Cal Crutchlow, although, things may take a dramatic turn when we go to a neutral track like Silverstone.