Don't Turn Your Nose Up ! 280Gg

shyted

Hello out there ! Have you ever had the conversation that has those words ' they don't make em like that any more '!

He loves air cooled bikes , fair play ,so do i .BUT ,im not adverse to modern things (technical advancement )and call a spade a spade .

Told him i was buying a 2000 model year Gas Gas 280 i'd seen on e-bay .

' Oh ! ' he says . 'turning your back on us then are you ?'

I have an air cooled Fantic 245 as well and have been friends with this guy for years .

The ensuing conversation that followed led him to come to my garage after id been for the bike and started to work on it .

Tell you what ,that bike has been a revalation to me from the word go .

It,s realy been thought out and no wonder they have left the rest of the manufacturers standing over the years . Brilliant .

Information on the said bike is hard to come by . Im looking for a good wiring diagram for a bike to run with out the lighting kit and a new kill switch fitted in to the circuit .My problem being wiring the temp sender in into the correct part of the circuit so the fan operates correctly . Can any one help ?

As for my mate , after an hour he says 'well it's o.k but to complicated .

I just laughed as he said the imortal words mentioned before , as he looked at my Fantic all bleary eyed , to which i said DON'T turn yer nose up at summet new !The Gasser is brill !

To paraphrase Jordi Tarrres in his latest interview:

''I don't understand the fascination for old trials bikes, why have an old wife/girlfriend when you can have a younger,better one?''

P.S. I had a 2001 280 Gasser,it was a very potent ride and seemed to be a lot more reliable than the Pros that followed it.

Hello out there ! Have you ever had the conversation that has those words ' they don't make em like that any more '!

He loves air cooled bikes , fair play ,so do i .BUT ,im not adverse to modern things (technical advancement )and call a spade a spade .

Told him i was buying a 2000 model year Gas Gas 280 i'd seen on e-bay .

' Oh ! ' he says . 'turning your back on us then are you ?'

I have an air cooled Fantic 245 as well and have been friends with this guy for years .

The ensuing conversation that followed led him to come to my garage after id been for the bike and started to work on it .

Tell you what ,that bike has been a revalation to me from the word go .

It,s realy been thought out and no wonder they have left the rest of the manufacturers standing over the years . Brilliant .

Information on the said bike is hard to come by . Im looking for a good wiring diagram for a bike to run with out the lighting kit and a new kill switch fitted in to the circuit .My problem being wiring the temp sender in into the correct part of the circuit so the fan operates correctly . Can any one help ?

As for my mate , after an hour he says 'well it's o.k but to complicated .

I just laughed as he said the imortal words mentioned before , as he looked at my Fantic all bleary eyed , to which i said DON'T turn yer nose up at summet new !The Gasser is brill !

Try http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html for all things Gas Gas. You should find a wiring diagram and a bunch of other info for your bike there.

Jon