Bike Size

malcolm

Hello,

Looking for a trials bike for my son who is 11 years old and 4' 6". I have seen a Beta 50cc 2003 bike for sale but wondered if it may be to small. It is to far away to view and not buy if it is to small.

Any advice on size of bike and engine that would be suitable for him is appreciated. He has never ridden a motor bike.

If any body knows of a suitable bike for sale let me know. Also looking for another similar sized bike for a friend.

thanks

Malcolm

Hi, my son is the same age and size as your lad. He had never rode a geared bike before so I thought a Beta Rev 50 would be ideal. I went to buy him the bike and when we got there it was too small. I realised a Beta 80 was the way to go. I got him a 2010 Beta 80 (full size wheels) and he has now rode it 4 times. He is already at home on it and the 50 would have been a mistake. I also have a 7yr old lad who has a Beta minitrial, he sat on another lads rev 50 last time out and it suited his size way better than the 11yr old. Hope this helps !

Hi, my son is the same age and size as your lad. He had never rode a geared bike before so I thought a Beta Rev 50 would be ideal. I went to buy him the bike and when we got there it was too small. I realised a Beta 80 was the way to go. I got him a 2010 Beta 80 (full size wheels) and he has now rode it 4 times. He is already at home on it and the 50 would have been a mistake. I also have a 7yr old lad who has a Beta minitrial, he sat on another lads rev 50 last time out and it suited his size way better than the 11yr old. Hope this helps !