Cheap Rectifier Replacement!

tazz229

In response to one of my previous posts (Can i use one of these?) the answer would appear yes!

I purchased one of these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43aa77f0ad yesterday and it droppped through my door this morning.

So off to the garage we went and plugged it all together, whipped out the multimeter and sure enough there's a lovely constant 12v to power my fan again!

Considering the replacements are £25-£30 i figured a £2.49 gamble was worth the risk. And it paid off!

Heres a pic of how i wired it...

9bed2721.jpg

Edited by tazz229

Yea, that looks like a bit of fun for an ADD person like myself. Bit of overkill prolly with a 35A rating and a 2A fan, but it works!!!! Now all you need to do is solder the connections, pot it in epoxy for waterproofing, and mount it properly! Ha!

Cheers,

MC

Sealed up with some epoxy.

An old jubilee clip cut to about 2inch long with a hole drilled in each end (because the metal is flexible)

Rectifier bolted to one end the other end is bolted to the right hand earth bolt of the coil!

It's nicely tucked up beside the coil in the top of the frame out the way.

Ideal!!