Fm330 Woes...

axulsuv

I took the top end of the little fantic 50 apart yesterday to see how bad it is ... Long story short ... , any one got a crank , rod and piston for one ? Small piece of piston skirt missing ,(1/2 a lima bean size ) , 1/4 inch vertical movement in big end brg. cylinder will survive ....

Or any thoughts on a different motor for this chassis ?

Glenn

It has been a while but this guy seemed to have everything and shipped to the US. It was surprisingly fast to get parts.

http://frankfieldfantic.co.uk/

The Tryals Shop had some type of connection to get parts but it took months to get what I needed.

I had a 1993 80cc clubman. The cases said 50cc but the top end said 80cc. I measured and the 80 was basically a big bore 50. It had some extra features in the cases like it also came in a water cooled and/ or oil injected version so maybe it was also used in some other type of bike.

Doug ;

I was just looking at the website above ...

That may be alot cheaper way to keep the bike alive , and they make a heavy duty clutch too !

And all at a reasonable price with parts backup ...

Glenn

( just have too find a way to gear it down as low as possable...)

Edited by axulsuv

• 1 month later...

Well as luck would have it ... I found a company in Italy that says they have the parts ... I've just got to yank the crank out for some crucial measurements . Turns out that there are several versions of the little Minarelli engine in 4 ,5 and 6 speeds and they all look about the same from the outside :(

Time and $ will tell .

Glenn