Anyone Had The Newest Kehins Apart Yet?

sting32

Hoped I spelled that right.,

Got the 12 Raga 300. Cannot get the FREAKING idle mixture screw to come out. it comes a long way, then stops and gets really scary hard to turn. I am afraid I will break the sonofabeech off in the damn carb. :wall: I replace that screw with one I can use to adjust without a tool! (from S3 or someone).

Anyone know where I can find out what the hail is up with that? I dont have time to screw it up this week, but by next week, I need help, lol.

Had this last year on a new Beta & it broke off on a Sat night before a trial. Took carb off & VERY carefully drilled through the plastic screw & tried an easy-out, but would not turn out. Then screwed it in until in came through into the inside of the carb. I'm assuming the end of the thread gets ripped when inserted the first time into the carb, must be a rough end to the thread or not tapped completely through. I ran a M5 tap through, screwed in a Jitsie adjuster & no more problems. Take carb off & be prepared for a bit of delicate work. Good luck.

Had this last year on a new Beta & it broke off on a Sat night before a trial. Took carb off & VERY carefully drilled through the plastic screw & tried an easy-out, but would not turn out. Then screwed it in until in came through into the inside of the carb. I'm assuming the end of the thread gets ripped when inserted the first time into the carb, must be a rough end to the thread or not tapped completely through. I ran a M5 tap through, screwed in a Jitsie adjuster & no more problems. Take carb off & be prepared for a bit of delicate work. Good luck.

Makes a guy want to call Kehin, and give them a piece of my mind, (if I thought it would change anything) Man, that is rediculous, I even hate the idea of plastic part being used to adjust something so critical in the 1st place!

Thanks for the info, and it might as well be sat night, we loaded the bikes last night for a 2day, event... the bikes leave today, I get there tomorrow :popcorn: