Which 80...?

comerconstructionman

Hi All,

As you may have seen on previous posts regarding my son and his 125 I have now decided to get him on an 80. Im not sure which one though as Gas Gas have 3 models. On looking at the Gas Gas site he would be better off with the Cadet as this appears to have the 21" front and 19" rear wheels or may be the rookie would be better.

He is a really good rider so im not sure what to go for.

Can any one advise please.

Thanks N

Beta 80 big wheel. I made the mistake of getting my step son a Gas Gas Rookie 80 to begin with. A change to the Beta made the world of difference. This is not based on brand loyalty, ( I was a serial Gas Gas buyer) but fact. Look at any C National results, ALL the big wheel bikes are Beta 80, it just does the job & sets them up for the move to 125. Hope this helps.

The New Sherco looks good but they'll need to put a few out to let the market see if it likes it. I'd say if the engine is good then the bigger riders could find it a useful bike. Otherwise the Beta main strength is the engine which gives it more than an edge over the Gas Gas.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The main problem now is there are no new Beta or Gas Gas 80s coming in this year... The dealers cant give me a date for delivery next year as yet and the few that are coming in are sold...

None about on tat internet either that are worth any salt...

Any one know of any coming up for sale...?

Thanks Nick

I'd try Trialsuk in Leeds and Acklams of Harrogate. TUK have one on their website which looks a good one. Acklams have sold some new ones recently so may have a handle on second hand ones.

Edited by telecat