Moving To A Bigger Bike

cubby

Starting to think about what bike is next for my lad and wanted to hear of any experiences good or bad that you've had moving to a bigger bike.

He is currently on a Sherco 50, auto clutch, very good bike and he loves riding it, currently in his first year of D class. He is starting to need something more though, and I'm not sure whether to move to a bike such as a GG Boy, which apparently has better suspension, brakes and more power, or onto maybe a medium wheel bike like a cadet or Beta 50?

Don't want to over bike him, and put him off but I'm thinking more along the lines of a medium wheel bike.

Any advice would be welcome

:)

Gas Gas boy is definately the favourite of the autos,we had a Gas Gas cadet good bike but a little gutless think the beta would be better but get the last one they made think it was 07-08 they had six speed gearbox and hydraulic clutch,only problem with the Beta or the Gas Gas is they are like hens teeth to find.

I got a medium wheel rev 50 last year for the kids to potter about on. My lad is 9 and a bit short for his age, he had never been on a motorbike at all, after a few minutes he was away. It's not overly powered but can still pull me in 1st-3rd. My 12 year old daughter rides it also and gives it a bit more stick. Good little bike. Mine doesn't have the hydraulic crutch so I was slightly worried about it being a bit heavy, they seem to manage but never had any long days out on it to see if it becomes a issue later in the day.

Was thinking of a rev 50 or similar, but have also just noticed that they can ride an 80 in D and C class. Could keep the bike fpr longer if went for the 80.

b40rt - maybe but I'll keep it in mind as looks a good bike! Getting it to the Isle of Man would be the main problem!

You see quite a few rev 50s on the market but the evo 50 with hydraulic clutch are hard to find,but yes Beta do make evo 80 medium wheel,but they are going to be big money and should have a few coming on the market soon as people start to buy the new bikes.

• 6 months later...

Think I've found a decent Rev 50, the plastics suggest 2004, but all the pictures I've seen would suggest it should have a grey frame, this one is black! Must be thereabouts though.

Any ideas where I could get sticker kits from and or new plastics? Is direct from Beta the best bet?

:)