Fantic 200 156, How To Do The Fork Seals Advice Please

mickmc

Hi

i'm going to put new seals in the fantic 200, does anyone have any diagrams of how how to do this, or advice on this, do you use 2 seals in each or just one in each leg.

the top nut, on top of the stantion is stuck, just can't seem to undo it, and don't want to damage them

any advice appreciated

Mick

Have always found 1 seal works best with a spacer made up to take the place of the missing one. Easy to change too, 1 , remove top nuts 2 remove spring and spacers 3 tip upside down to drain oil 4 undo bolt at bottom of leg and this will allow sliders to be pulled out 5 lever seals out of leg after removing spring clip (if fitted) 6 fit new seal using suitable sized bush or socket as drift. 7 re assemble and fill with 230cc of sae 10 oil.

Edited by turbo

thanks for your replies, i've managed to get the top off, I heated it and it worked great, only found one seal in and a washer and circlip, haven't taken it any further to bits, yet am i likely to find another seal or would it have been with the one i found already

i'm currently renovating the bike so not putting it back together just yet, got to get them powder coated before that

thanks again